Sport Waikato is a community service which fosters participation in sport and active living. South Waikato District Council provides financial support to the South Waikato branch. Find out more on the Sport Waikato website.
Sport Waikato's Priority Areas:
- Healthy Active Lifestyles - physical activity and recreation for health, fun and a lifelong habit
- Young People - a lifelong involvement in sport, recreation and healthy active lifestyles
- Community Sport - strong and capable delivery of community sport
- Regional Leadership - a professional organisation providing regional leadership and influence
Sport Waikato is:
- A Charitable Trust governed by a Board of Trustees and managed by a Chief Executive
- A Regional Sports Trust funded through regional contracts, sponsorship, fundraising and donations.