Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may browse and access information contained on this website without providing personal information. South Waikato District Council will only collect information from you that you volunteer. We will hold your personal information in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 2020. In particular:
- Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected
- Information will be retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected (including any time that we are required by law to retain such information).
- We will not release your personal information to any third party except where we are required to or are permitted to by law, where you have authorised us to do so or where disclosure is connected to the purpose for which the information was collected.
Any information we collect will not be used in ways that you have not consented to.
How South Waikato District Council Uses Your Information
South Waikato District Council may use your information:
- To provide you with personalised content;
- To confirm age eligibility for certain services (eg: dog ownership)
- To process and respond to inquiries;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information.
Storage of Personal Information
We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Privacy Act 2020. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. All data is stored behind corporate firewalls and only specific employees are able to access your personal data. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your enquiry further. South Waikato District Council attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security measures.
Access to, Editing and Deleting Personal Information
At any stage, you have the right to access and correct or update your personal information or to request not to receive communications from us. This can be done by contacting us or phoning +64 7 885 0340. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal information provided to us is accurate.
Links to Third Parties
The website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. South Waikato District Council takes no responsibility for the privacy practices of third parties. You should consult the privacy policies of each linked website in order to determine the policy that each third party adheres to.
Statistical Information Collected
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the website. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- Your IP address
- The search terms you used
- The pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- The date and time you visited the site
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- Your computer/devices operating system (eg: Windows, iOS, Android)
- The type of web browser you use (Edge, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser
This data cannot be used to identify individuals or any personal information. Any information collected will be used to improve your website experience and will not include any information that identifies you. The information will be viewable by website administrators and certain other South Waikato District Council staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.