Pay Council Rates
Pay Your Rates Online
Information About Paying Your Rates by Credit Card
For further information on non-credit card payments, please see the "Electronic Payments" page.
Payment Service details
This credit card (Visa or MasterCard) payment service is provided by Datacom New Zealand Limited, in agreement with Council. Please ensure your address matches your valuation number* before proceeding. Important notes below:
- A service fee of 1.25% + .10 cents per transaction is applied to cover Council's reasonable costs in providing this online credit card payment service.
- You should check with your card issuer for details about other fees or charges that may also apply, as this credit card transaction is carried out in terms of the arrangement between you and your card issuer.
- If payment is made using a credit card issued outside New Zealand, any currency conversion will be done according to the terms and conditions of the card - there may be currency conversion fees charged by your card issuer.
- Transactions made after 10.30pm New Zealand time will be processed by Council on the following business day.
- Currently we are unable to issue receipts electronically however please feel free to print off your payment confirmation screen for your records or take note of your receipt number.