What goes where - wheelie bins
Over the past 12 months Council has introduced changes to our household recycling. Contamination levels have decreased significantly and this is a credit to South Waikato householders.
From Thursday 1 July:
- Recycled items including clean plastics (1s and 2s only), tins, cans, cardboard and paper go in the 240L wheelie bin (yellow lid).
- Other household rubbish goes in the 120L wheelie bin (red lid).
- The existing green and maroon crates will now be for glass ONLY.
- All products must be clean. Plastic, glass and tins rinsed/washed AND cardboard (food packaging) free from food scraps.
- No lids, caps, tops (including bottle tops and tin lids).
- Only plastics 1s and 2s are acceptable. All other plastics must go in the rubbish. Look for the recycling symbol.
- See below for more DOs and DON'Ts. These will be covered in the information booklet that is delivered with your bins and there is a decal (image) on the bin lids to assist further.
Please care about how you prepare your recycling. If your bin/crates are contaminated, it can contaminate an entire truck load. That means everyone else's efforts are wasted.