Information for Hirers
General Rules for Use of the Venue
- Nothing is to be fixed to any wall or ceiling unless using 3M or Command strips. No cello tape, pins, bluetac, staples or any adhesive or fastener is to be used. Nothing at all is to be fixed to the coloured walls.
- Nothing at all is to be hung from the curtain rails in the Lions and Rotary Rooms.
- An extra cleaning fee may be incurred for large or particularly messy events.
- Any use of smoke machines needs to be pre-approved due to the smoke detectors.
- Candle wax on table cloths may incur an extra cleaning charge.
- For large events extra car parking can be arranged. It is the responsibility of the hirer to organise security/manpower to direct or patrol the car park area if required. Please ensure disability car parks are used rightfully.
- Last drinks no later than 12midnight, with lights on at 12.30am, ready for departure from venue by 1am.
- Please be responsible hosts and ensure guests do not drink alcohol to excess.
A fee will be charged for the use of the kitchen depending on the extent to which it is used.
This can range from $20 - $100.
The kitchen must be left in its original state, i.e. floors swept and mopped, dishes cleaned, benches all clear and wiped, oven cleaned and walls wiped of any food smears.
If hiring Events Centre crockery, cutlery, and/or glassware it is the hirer's responsibility to wash all items used and clean the kitchen after use. Please leave everything as good as you found it.
The dishwasher is a steriliser only and is not available to wash dishes. It is used to sterilise Events Centre crockery, cutlery and glassware according to health requirements.
Hirers are to provide their own dishwashing liquid, tea towels, dishcloths and scrubbers.
Health and Safety Advice
Whether you are a hirer, staff member, contractor or guest at the South Waikato Sport & Event Centre, it is our responsibility to keep you safe within our venue. Here are some of the risks and hazards to be aware of while using our centre.
- Walking into closed glass automatic front doors
- Getting fingers caught in automatic doors (especially small children)
- Slipping on wet floor around water fountains
Function set-up/break down
Back injury while laying or lifting carpet tiles in Arena, vacuuming and lifting heavy equipment
Dropping tables or chairs on feet
Falling from ladders while decorating
Tripping on mats and electrical cables
Arena & Gymsport Arena
Slipping/twisting or other injury related to sport and activity (approved footwear only to be worn in these areas)
- Slipping on wet floor
- Steam burns while using dishwasher
- Burns from oven/stove
- Hot water burns from zip
- Bay Marie's causing smoke and fire
- Cuts while carving meat at function
- Increased room temperature when kitchen in use and full of people
- Falling/tripping while intoxicated at function
- Loud noise during function
- Dealing with disgruntled/intoxicated/threatening members of the public
Important things to know
- In the case of an emergency or fire alarm everyone will be asked to evacuate the building and assemble either in the car park or on the oval rugby field, depending on where you are situated in the building.
- There are seven fire extinguishers in our venue, these are located in the Gymsport Arena, Arena, Arena Storeroom, Plant Room, Lions Room, Foyer and Garage.
- There is an Automated External Defibrillator located in the Office.
- If you need to report an accident, new hazard, or if something needs to be fixed within our venue, please tell the staff member on duty immediately please.
Additional Forms for Hirers
The following forms are available for download: