Information for Hirers
- SW Sports and events centre staff will liaise with the hirer, or one person nominated by the hirer in respect to all aspects of the booking. Staff will not take instruction from other members of the organising party.
- The space must be utilised for the intended purpose only.
- The space cannot be sublet out to other groups.
- The hirer and those associated with them are restricted to the area and times they have hired.
- Your times are specified in your arrangement. If your event exceeds the times stated in your contract and no agreement to accommodate this has been made prior you will be charged accordingly.
- SEC normal operating hours are from 8am – 9pm any events taking place outside of these hours will incur additional charges.
- Extended hours can be arranged beyond the normal operating hours prior to the event not exceeding 12midnight.
- All events must be finished with the facility locked by no later than 12am
- Please advise us when booking your space, any club championships, competitions, AGMs etc.
- There may be instances due to unforeseen circumstances that SW Sports and events centre is unable to offer you your preferred venue. In these instances, we would give you as much notice as possible and we would attempt to find you an alternative venue which will suit your requirements.
- Any equipment hired from the SW sports and events centre must be organised prior to your event and charges will apply. Any equipment hired must be returned to the SW sports and events centre in its original state.
- A detailed quote will be provided prior to your booking being approved.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure bookings and is to be paid once your booking is approved and you are happy with the details.
- Full payment is required 7 days Prior to your event occurring.
- If your payment deadlines are not met, we have the right to cancel your booking.
- Correct invoice requirements need to be provided at the time of booking. Invoices cannot be changed once generated.
- When using payment departments, it is the customers responsibility to forward their invoice and relevant documentation to their payments team and follow up that payments have been made.
- Please make sure all payments follow our payment instructions, the finance team look after all council facilities and payments. We cannot be responsible for missing payments if instructions have not been followed.
- Cancellation with 14 days or more notice will result in no charge and a full refund will be given.
- Cancellation with 7-13 days’ notice will be refunded less the deposit or 25% of the booking total.
- Any cancellations made with less than 7 days’ notice is non-refundable and will be charged at the full booking cost.
- Nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled, or adhered to the walls, doors, or other surface within the SW Sport & Events Centre without consent from a member of staff.
- The hirer is responsible for picking up all litter. Staff will empty bins.
- No smoking or vaping within the SW Sport & Events Centre. Smoking and Vaping is only permitted in the car park area beside the water fountain away from the entrance.
- Liquor must not be brought into the premises unless an express arrangement has been made with Council’s Liquor Licencing department and approval has been given.
- Any groups hiring the Centre's facilities for an event or function that wish to sell food and/or beverages to users/participants or the public must obtain the relevant licences from Council’s Environmental Health department.
- Any groups hiring the Centre's facilities for a large event or function who are supplying food to users including the public may incur an additional cleaning fee. The size, timing and extent of the function or event will be the factors considered when setting the fee.
- The hirer is responsible for the control of participants and spectators while at the SW Sport & Events Centre. Spectators where possible should be viewing game play from the seated gallery area.
- All damage or faults must to be reported immediately. The hirer is responsible for any intentional damage, breakage or pilferage sustained to the venue, equipment or fittings by the client or guests of the client or any other persons attending the conference or event.
- SW Sport and Events Centre will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of clients' property or merchandise left in the establishment of the SW Sport & Events Centre prior, during or after the event.
- The hirer must read and understand the Sports & Events Centre Hazard ID form and will take all reasonable steps to fulfil the actions for controlling the identified hazards.
- The hirer may be held liable to recompense additional charges to the SW Sport and Events Centre if your hireage results either, in extraordinary cleaning having to be done, or in damage to the Centre itself, or damage or breakage to any of the Centre's items, fittings or equipment. South Waikato Sport and Events Centre will arrange for any extraordinary cleaning that is required, any repairs to damage caused, and/or replacement of any items or equipment that is/are beyond repair and will invoice the cost to the hirer for payment.
- For large events extra car parking can be arranged. It is the responsibility of the hirer to organise security/manpower to direct or patrol the car park area if required. Please ensure disability car parks are used rightfully.
- Arena Sports Hall Floor: No food or drink in the stadium, except for contained sports bottles.
- Non marking indoor court shoes only to be worn in the Arena. This is a must and will be policed. Please inform all your members.
- Any booking in the Arena that is non sport related will be charged to lay carpet tiles prior to their event taking place and this time must be considered within their booking times.
- The kitchen must be booked as part of your event if you require access to these facilities.
- A fee will be charged for the use of the kitchen, this will be charged at $20 per hour.
- The kitchen must be left in its original state, i.e. floors swept and mopped, dishes cleaned, benches all clear and wiped, oven cleaned, and walls wiped of any food smears.
- The dishwasher is a steriliser only and is not available to wash dishes. It is used to sterilise Sports and Events Centre crockery, cutlery, and glassware according to health requirements.
- Hirers are to provide their own dishwashing liquid, tea towels, dishcloths, and scrubber.
- If hiring the Sports & Events Centre crockery, cutlery, and/or glassware the hirer' is responsible to clean these and if they are not cleaned appropriately, they will be charged a non-standard cleaning fee for staff to rewash all items used.
- Please ensure you carry your own basic First Aid kit including taping. If you borrow any first aid equipment from the venue (including icepacks) it must be signed for and returned to reception after use.
- Any Accident/Incident that occurs must be reported and an Incident Report form must be completed.
- In the event of the Fire Alarm sounding all people must exit the building via the closest exit and congregate in the main car park or on the oval field.
- There are seven fire extinguishers in our venue, these are in the Gymsport Arena, Arena, Arena Storeroom, Plant Room, Lions Room, Foyer, and Garage area.
- There is an Automated External Defibrillator located behind reception.
As the individual making the booking you confirm that you are either the applicant or the person authorised to apply for hire of Council facilities on behalf of the applicant. You confirm that you have read and fully understand the terms and conditions outlined above that relate to the facility or facilities in this booking request and you agree to abide by these conditions and accept all associated requirements of these conditions.
We are very proud of our facilities, and we want you to be as proud as we are. We celebrated our 10th anniversary in December 2022 and we look forward to serving the community and visitors for another 10 years