Information for Hirers
General Rules for Use of the Venue
- No smoking is permitted inside the centre. Smoking is only permitted in the car park area beside the water fountain.
- All damage or faults to be reported immediately. The hirer is responsible for any damage, or breakage sustained to the venue, equipment or fittings.
- The hirer may be liable for additional charges if your hireage results in damages or extra cleaning South Waikato Sport and Events Centre will arrange for any extraordinary cleaning that is required, any repairs to damage caused, and/or replacement of any items or equipment that is/are beyond repair and will invoice the cost to the hirer for payment.
- Liquor must not be brought into the premises unless an express arrangement has been made with management. All Liquor licencing requirements must be met prior to booking.
- You must apply if you wish to sell food and/or beverages to users/participants or the public.
- There may be instances due to unforeseen circumstances where we are unable to offer you your preferred venue. In these instances, we would give you as much notice as possible and we would attempt to find you an alternative venue.
- We accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of clients' property or merchandise left in the venue prior, during or after the event.
- The space is to be utilised for the intended purpose only. The space cannot be sublet.
- The hirer and those associated with them are restricted to the area and times they have hired.
- Your times are specified in your arrangement. If your event exceeds the times stated in your contract you will be charged accordingly.
- Nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to the walls, doors or other surface within the venue.
- Smoke machines are prohibited.
- For large events extra car parking can be arranged. It is the responsibility of the hirer to organise security/manpower to direct or patrol the car park area if required. Please ensure disability car parks are used rightfully.
- Last drinks no later than 12 midnight, with lights on at 12.30am, ready for departure from venue by 1am.
- No food or drink in the arena, except for water bottles.
- Non marking indoor court shoes only to be worn.
- Please ensure you carry your own basic First Aid kit including taping. If you borrow any first aid equipment from the venue (including icepacks) it must be signed for and returned to reception after use. Any use of Venue First Aid requires an Accident/Incident Report form to be completed.
- The hirer is responsible for the control of participants and spectators.
- A fee will be charged for the use of the kitchen depending on the extent to which it is used. This can range from $20 - $100.
- The kitchen must be left in its original state, i.e. floors swept and mopped, dishes cleaned, benches all clear and wiped, oven cleaned, and walls wiped of any food smears.
- If hiring Events Centre crockery, cutlery, and/or glassware it is the hirer' responsibility to wash all items used and clean the kitchen after use.
- The dishwasher is a steriliser only and is not available to wash dishes. It is used to sterilise Events Centre crockery, cutlery and glassware according to health requirements.
- Hirers are to provide their own dishwashing liquid, tea towels, dishcloths and scrubber.
The centre manager will determine whether your event will need a COVID-19 Event Management Plan. This plan is a unique and comprehensive plan that must be specific to your event. The plan sets out how a high-risk activity will be managed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 between patrons/attendees and staff. This plan must be submitted before your event.
Health and Safety
Whether you are a hirer, staff member, contractor or guest at the South Waikato Sport & Event Centre, it is our responsibility to keep you safe within our venue. Here are some of the risks and hazards to be aware of while using our centre.
- Walking into closed glass automatic front doors
- Getting fingers caught in automatic doors (especially small children)
- Slipping on wet floor around water fountains
- Lifting heavy equipment
- Dropping tables or chairs on feet
- Falling from ladders while decorating
- Tripping on mats and electrical cables
- Slipping/twisting or other injury related to sport and activity
- Steam burns while using dishwasher
- Burns from oven/stove
- Hot water burns from zip
- Bay Marie's causing smoke and fire
- Cuts while carving meat at function
- Falling/tripping while intoxicated