District Licencing Committee
What is the District Licencing Committee (DLC)
There is at least one DLC situated within each territorial authority (local council). It has the prime responsibility for issuing alcohol licences.
The DLC is deemed to be a Commission of Inquiry. It also acts provides information to ARLA (the Alcohol Regulatory and Licencing Authority). Each territorial authority must appoint one or more DLCs to manage licensing matters within its district.
Functions of the DLC include:
- determining applications for licences, managers’ certificates and renewals
- determining temporary authority applications (on/off-licences)
- varying, suspending or cancelling special licences
- referring applications to ARLA
- conducting inquiries and making reports as required by ARLA
- other functions conferred on it by any Act.
Members of the South Waikato District Licensing Committee - As at February 2020
|Name||Position||Date Resolved||Membership Expiry|
|Murray Clearwater (Commissioner)||Chairperson||18 April 2019||18 April 2024|
|Jenny Shattock (Mayor)||Deputy Chairperson||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Marin Glucina||Member||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Arama Ngapo-Liscombe||Member||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Hamish Daine||Member||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Gary "Puku" Petley||Member||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Peter Schulte||Member||14 November 2019||14 November 2024|
|Adrienne Bell||Member||25 October 2016||25 October 2021|
|Herman van Rooijen||Member||28 March 2019||28 March 2024|