Call us today on 07 885 0739.
Come in and visit us at 5 Torphin Cresent Tokoroa 3420
View our fees and charges here, our swim programmes here, and seasonal pools here.
Indoor Pools Calendar
Follow this link to the Indoor Pools timetable.
The South Waikato Indoor Pool Complex
The South Waikato Indoor Swimming Pool Complex was built in 1995 and officially opened on 11 February 1996. The doors did however, really open in December 1995!
This complex consists of a main 25 metre by 13.3 metre pool with six lanes. However, provision for eight lanes is provided through extra lane anchors. The depth of the main pool varies from 1.05 metres to 2.2 metres. A tiered leisure pool with graduated depths up to a maximum depth of 0.9 metres consists of a sloping beach entry, waterfalls and bubble jets. There is also a hot spa and exercise spa pool adjacent to one another. The main pool is heated to 29 degrees during winter, the leisure pools are 33 degrees while the spa pool is a relaxing 39 degrees! Other facilities include a community room, a children's outdoor play area and BBQ and picnic surrounds adjacent to the building. For the rules of use follow this link.
The South Waikato Indoor Swimming Pool Complex offers a wide range of programmes and activities which are designed for everyone's fun and enjoyment.
- Learn to Swim
- Adult Learn to Swim
- Swim Academy
- Water Woggle classes
- Toddler Tadpoles
- Water exercise classes for all
- Friday Night Raves for 9-14 year olds
- Free electric barbecue facilities
- Lane swimming
- Rope swing
More details on our swim programmes can be found here.
This pool complex was largely paid for by ratepayers through Council. However, some $280,000.00 of the total cost of $2.4 million was funded by community fundraising.
There are a number of procedures in place to ensure the pools can be enjoyed safely:
- The entry policy and supervision standards are in accordance with: Pool Safe, ACC Think Safe, Water Safety NZ and the Recreation Association of NZ
- Chemical Handling Procedures from ORICA, a chemical supplier, are strictly adhered to
- All other policies and procedures have been reviewed and adopted internally. These include an evacuation procedure, behaviour policy, opening/closing procedure, cash handling procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Weekdays: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Weekends and Public Holidays: 7.30am - 8.00pm
- Closed: Christmas Day, Good Friday. Opens at 12noon on New Year's Day and Anzac Day
Phone: 07 885 0739
The Solar Heating System
If you’re a regular at the South Waikato Indoor Pools, you may like to know that the shower you take after your swim is solar heated. The solar panels which are visible on the roof of the Indoor Pool complex, heat two separate systems, the two family changing rooms and the main male and female changing block. Solar heating has been in place since 2007 with EECA (Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority) providing 50% of the funding. The payback period was six and a half years so the solar heating system has long since paid for itself and ratepayers are reaping the cost efficiencies every year.
Council reminds the community that it has waived building consent fees for installing solar heating in homes.