About Civil Defence
In an emergency it is important to know where to get information from. For South Waikato residents there are several sources of information.
- Here, on Council's website.
- Listen to the radio for updates.
- Download Antenno for up to date notifications, that are particularly useful during an emergency. Free from Google Play or the App Store. Check out Antenno here
- Follow the Council's Facebook page.
- Keep an eye on Waikato Regional Council's Flood Room. This page is updated with event information, contact details, river levels, rainfall, road closures, weather information and more.
- Install the Hazard App to help you and your family prepare for and respond to hazards in New Zealand. The app is a vital tool to help you get through emergencies and get disaster alerts. There is an informative video, which will guide you through the process of downloading Hazard app. and how to use it.
Feel free to get in touch with the team by calling 07 885 0340 or email us.
The team will give you step-by-step templates so everything is totally easy to set up and use, and will personally guide and train you. Get in touch now.