Aim of Civil Defence
- Help prevent loss of life.
- Help the injured and relieve distress.
- Help return the community to normal.
- the hazards that exist in our community and the level of risk they pose.
- what you can do to prepare yourself and those who depend on you, to survive through an emergency.
- the warning signs to evacuate and where to watch for information on where to evacuate to.
Community Group leaders can contact the Civil Defence team on 07 885 0340 to discuss a way forward. We have templates and guide materials that will assist you in developing your Community Response Plan.
- Storms/high winds
- Hazardous chemical spills (industrial/transport accident)
- Loss of water or power supply
- Volcanic eruptions
- External threats, including events of extra-terrestrial, global or overseas events which have an impact on New Zealand.
Page reviewed: 24 May 2018 9:14am