Building Consents & Information
Applying for a Building Consent
South Waikato District Council's building consent process is done online using a product called AlphaOne.
If you would like to see how to fill out a building consent before you complete your own, view our video on YouTube.
APPLY FOR A BUILDING CONSENT NOW
Building Consent Exemptions
Building consents exemption tool is available here.
Building consents exemption guidance document is available here.
Responding to Your Building Consent Enquiries
Inspection bookings and any office appointment with the duty Building Control Officer can be made throughout the day by contacting 07 985 3209, walk-ins for advice are not recommended as we are unable to assure you the availability of the duty Building Control Officer.
If you have an existing building application and you need to respond to an RFI, you can simply respond to the email direct using AlphaOne.
- About Building Consents
- Building Forms
- Building Inspections
- Building Near Powerlines
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Code Compliance Certificate
- Compliance Schedule and Building Warrant of Fitness
- Obtaining a Building Consent
- Owner's Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Public Guidance for PIMs, Building Consents and Inspections
Building in the South Waikato
- Contact the Building Section
- Project Information Memoranda (PIM)
- Restricted Building Work and Licenced Building Practitioners
- Swimming Pool Fencing
- Waikato - Bay of Plenty Building Guide
- Your Guide to the Building Act