Building Consents & Information
Applying for a Building Consent
South Waikato District Council's building consent process has gone online using a product called AlphaOne.
If you would like to see how the to fill out a building consent before you complete your own, view our video on YouTube.
Responding to Your Building Consent Enquiries
To help improve the efficiency of our building consent application processing, we have made a change to the way we manage and respond to enquiries.
Our building control staff now focus solely on processing existing applications between 10am and 3pm each day. If you call during this time, our customer service officers will take your details and we'll get back to you outside of these hours. If you're contacting us in regard to a further information request on an existing consent, you can email staff directly using the contact details on the letter.
Appointments can be made between 8am to 10am daily. Please contact 07 885 0340 to make an appointment so you can be assured that a staff member is available to help you through any query you may have.
Walk-ins are not preferable as we are unable to assure you of a duty Building Control Officer.
Inspection bookings can be made throughout the day by contacting 07 985 3209.
Our aim is to respond to phone and email enquiries before 10am the next business day, however this may not always be the case. Please wait for our staff to contact you. It is anticipated that giving our staff uninterrupted time to process building consents will improve the efficiency of our service to you.
We prefer one single point of contact for each building consent. We often receive calls regarding the same issue with a building consent application from multiple people. Again, this is to help reduce disruptions to our processing staff so we can turn things around as soon as possible for you.
- About Building Consents
- Building Forms
- Building Inspections
- Building Near Powerlines
- Certificate of Acceptance
- Code Compliance Certificate
- Compliance Schedule and Building Warrant of Fitness
- Obtaining a Building Consent
- Owner's Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Public Guidance for PIMs, Building Consents and Inspections
Building in the South Waikato
- Contact the Building Section
- Council Administration of the Building Act
- Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment
- Project Information Memoranda (PIM)
- Restricted Building Work and Licenced Building Practitioners
- Swimming Pool Fencing
- Waikato - Bay of Plenty Building Guide
- Your Guide to the Building Act