On the House
What does it fund?
Waikato Regional Council will fully fund one clean heat upgrade.
Are you eligible? Do you...
- Have an open fire and or wood burner that is 10 years or older in the home that can be removed (whether it is working or not)
- Own and live in your own home
- Hold a Community Services Card, a Gold Card with a Community Services Card endorsement, or have had a rates rebate in the last two years
- Have insulation in the ceiling and underfloor that meets the current New Zealand standards.
- Live in the Tokoroa airshed (Urban)
If you meet this criteria then this could be the scheme for you!
Go to the Warm Homes Scheme Selector tool to apply online - it only takes a few minutes!
There are three clean heat options available: wood burner, heat pump or pellet fire. Your non-compliant burner must be removed/decommissioned as part of the scheme. If you decide to install another wood burner you must have adequate wood storage at the time of assessment.