Neighbourhood Support aims to make our homes, streets, neighbourhoods and communities safer and more caring places in which to live. You could be part of establishing a group in your neighbourhood or community.
Neighbourhood Support Groups
Neighbourhood Support Groups enable people to share information, ideas and insights.
A Neighbourhood Support Group will:
- Encourage neighbours to talk to each other
- Share information that will help reduce the risk and fear of crime
- Help foster a sense of community spirit, where everyone is respected and valued
- Educate and empower neighbours to take responsibility for their own safety
- Identify the needs of neighbours and ways to assist each other
- Identify the strengths and skills of neighbours to contribute to solving local problems
- Minimise burglaries and car crime in the local area
- Reduce graffiti, vandalism, violence and disorder
- Support victims of crime
- Enhance the safety features and appearance of the neighbourhood
- Decide on ways to handle any civil emergencies that may occur
- Know when and how to contact Police, other emergency services or support agencies
- Liaise and co-operate with other community groups
What's stopping you from joining or establishing a Neighbourhood Support group today?
Visit www.neighbourhoodsupport.co.nz to locate a group in your area - or start your own group.