SWDC awards $18 million worth of contracts
Released: 20 May 2022
South Waikato District Council has awarded five significantly large contracts to four separate contractors.
All contracts are from 1 July 2022 for three years with an opportunity for a two-year extension at both parties’ agreement.
“Council conducted a formal tender process to re-appoint the contract(s),” said Ted Anderson, Assets Group Manager. “Previously this contract was rolled into one. We separated out logical elements to allow for smaller contractors to tender for discreet portions that better suit capacity.”
The contract details are below:
- Sealed Pavement Maintenance and Resurfacing (roading) – contract awarded to Higgins Contractors Ltd for $11,848,549.
- Roadside Vegetation Control – awarded to Power Weed Control Ltd for $849,840.
- Unsealed Road and Drainage Maintenance and Renewal – Downer NZ Ltd for $2,425,212.
- Street Cleaning – Intergroup NZ for $889,562.
- Footpath and Kerb and Channel Maintenance and Renewal – Downer NZ Ltd for $2,049,122.
“We are looking forward to working with our contractors to deliver these services within our community,” said Mr Anderson.
ENDS. Words: 158
Issued by Kerry Fabrie, Communications Manager
on behalf of the South Waikato District Council, Torphin Crescent, Tokoroa.
Tel: 07 885 0720 --- Mobile: 0274 472 664 --- email@example.com
Inquiries should be directed to: Ted Anderson
Assets Group Manager, South Waikato District Council
Tel: 07 885 0340 -- E-mail: ted.anderson @southwaikato.govt.nz