Fees and Charges - 2021-22
(Waste Minimisation Act 2008 and Solid Waste Bylaw 2008)
|Standard Fee||$260.50/tonne (includes National Waste Levy charge $23) Minimum fee: $3|
- All transfer station fees include an Emission Trading Scheme charges and National Waste Levy's charged to Council
- Tyres are not included in the prescribed fees and are separately charged. All tyres larger than 20" diameter not accepted.
- No liquid hazardous waste permitted and non-soluble solid wastes permitted - only by special arrangement.
- Greenwaste fees only applicable to material that is free of chemical sprays or similar.
- All commercial and industrial waste to Tokoroa Transfer Station only.
- Fees may be adjusted if Emissions Trading Scheme costs change.
|Sorted to recycling depots at transfer station entrances without entry to landfill- no greenwaste - cans, bottles, plastics, newsprint and craft paper only||No charge|
|Wheelie bins and crates|
|Purchase of recycling crates||$15 each|
|*Purchase of 120L kerbside refuse bin||$65 each|
|*Purchase of 240L kerbside recycling bin||$95 each|
|Tokoroa and Putāruru transfer station - loads of clean greenwaste (includes grass clippings that have not been recently sprayed chemicals) to greenwaste mulching area. Maximum wood size 100 mm diameter||Changed to fixed fees shown below|
|Compostable greenwaste free of chemical sprays - cars and domestic trailers. Maximum wood size - 100mm diameter||Car - $10|
Trailer - $15
Large Trailer - $18
|Compostable greenwaste free of chemical sprays - other than car and domestic trailer loads. Maximum wood size - 100mm diameter||Car and domestic trailer loads as above.|
Other loads use weighbridge and are charged at half the standard fees ($260.50/tonne) based on weight.
|Landscaping material that is not suited for mulching eg flax, large branches, tree stumps and organic soils||Non-compostable material is standard refuse and attracts full charges of $260.50/tonne|
|Disposal of refuse bags|
|Unofficial refuse bags - 60 litre capacity maximum only||$2.80/bag|
|Official refuse bags - 60 litre capacity maximum only - if bag and contents deposited over the tip face after weighing||No charge|
|Standard fee||Standard fees apply as noted above ($260.50/tonne)|
|Use of weighbridge to weigh a vehicle (no rubbish deposited)||$12|
|Car bodies - not accepted||Not applicable|
|(per tyre) up to 20’ diameter only||$25.50|
|Over 20” diameter||Not accepted|
|Monthly account fee for landfills||$12|
|TVs: disposal of old television sets (domestic only, cost per TV)||Not accepted|
|Whiteware||Limit of 2 items $23 each.|
Levies - set by statute (for information only)
|National Waste Levy (applied to all waste taken to the tip face)||$23 incorporated into charges above|