Fees and Charges - 2023-24
(Waste Minimisation Act 2008 and Solid Waste Bylaw 2017)
|Standard Fee||$340/tonne (includes National Waste Levy charge $57.50)|
- All transfer station fees include an Emission Trading Scheme charges and National Waste Levies charged to Council.
- Tyres larger than 20" diameter not accepted.
- No liquid hazardous waste permitted and non-soluble solid wastes permitted only by special arrangement.
- Greenwaste fees only applicable to material that is free of chemical sprays or similar.
- All commercial and industrial waste to Tokoroa Transfer Station only.
- Fees may be adjusted if Emissions Trading Scheme costs change.
|Approved items sorted to recycling depots, eg, glass, cans, paper||No charge|
|Wheelie bins and crates|
|Purchase of recycling crates||$15 each|
|*Purchase of 120L kerbside refuse bin||$65 each|
|*Purchase of 240L kerbside recycling bin||$95 each|
|Wheelie Bin Retaining Clip- fitted||$12 for 1|
$20 for 2
|Clean greenwaste free of chemical sprays. Maximum wood size 100mm diameter.||$152 / tonne|
Minimum Fee $5
|Disposal of refuse bags|
|All refuse bags||Standard Transfer Station charges apply|
Minimum fee $5
|Car bodies - not accepted||No accepted|
|(per tyre) up to 20'’ diameter only||$26.50|
|Over 20” diameter||Not accepted|
|Monthly account fee for landfills||$15|
|TVs: disposal of old television sets (domestic only, cost per TV)||Not accepted|
|Whiteware||Limit of two items $25 each.|
|Use of weighbridge to weigh a vehicle (no rubbish disposed)||$13|
Levies - set by statute (for information only)
|National Waste Levy per tonne. Incorporated into fees above. Subject to change.||$57.50|