Fees and Charges - 2020-21
(Waste Minimisation Act 2008 and Solid Waste Bylaw 2008)
|Standard Fee||$249/tonne (includes National Waste Levy charge $11.50) Minimum fee: $2.50|
- All transfer station fees include an Emission Trading Scheme charge from 1 January 2013
- Tyres are not included in the prescribed fees and are separately charged. All tyres larger than 16" x 750 accepted at the Tokoroa landfill only.
- No liquid hazardous waste permitted and non-soluble solid wastes permitted - only by special arrangement.
- Charges are per entry, eg a vehicle towing a trailer, both containing refuse, incur a total charge.
- All commercial and industrial waste to Tokoroa Transfer Station only.
- Fees may be adjusted if Emissions Trading Scheme costs change.
|Sorted to recycling depots at landfill entrances without entry to landfill- no greenwaste - cans, bottles, plastics, newsprint and craft paper only||No charge|
|Wheelie bins and crates|
|Purchase of recycling crates||$15 each|
|*Purchase of 120L kerbside refuse bin||$65 each|
|*Purchase of 240L kerbside recycling bin||$95 each|
|Refuse Bags (Price per bag)|
|Wholesale supply to retailers only||$2.04|
|Retail price (Council Offices only)||$2.15|
|Tokoroa and Putāruru landfills - loads of clean greenwaste (includes grass clippings that have not been recently sprayed chemicals) to greenwaste mulching area. Maximum wood size 100 mm diameter||$124.50/tonne (includes $11.50 National Waste Levy)|
|Landscaping material that is not suited for mulching eg flax, large branches, tree stumps and organic soils||$186.75/tonne|
|Clean cover material|
|Approved by arrangement with authorised staff and for disposal where instructed||$23/tonne|
|Disposal of refuse bags|
|Unofficial refuse bags - 60 litre capacity maximum only||$2.50/bag|
|Official refuse bags - 60 litre capacity maximum only - if bag and contents deposited over the tip face after weighing||No charge|
|Standard fee||$249/tonne (includes $11.50 National Waste Levy)|
|Use of weighbridge to weigh a vehicle (no rubbish deposited)||$12|
|Car bodies - not accepted||Not applicable|
|(per tyre) up to 20’ diameter only||$25|
|Over 20” diameter||Not accepted|
|Monthly account fee for landfills||$12|
|TVs: disposal of old television sets (domestic only, cost per TV)||$20|
Levies - set by statute (for information only)
|National Waste Levy (applied to all waste taken to the tip face)||$11.50 incorporated into charges above|