Get alerts about places you care about!
South Waikato District Council is pleased to offer Antenno, a free mobile app that sends you notifications and alerts about places you care about.
Antenno is simple and easy to use and no personal information or log on details are required. No need to check multiple sources of information either – Antenno sends information directly to you.
Antenno will alert you to:
- Rubbish and Recycling days so you don't forget
- Exciting council events happening around places you care about
- Road closures so you don't get caught out
- ...and so much more
All you need to do is install the app from the App Store or Google Play and save places you care about, such as your home, work, rental property or school (save the actual address, eg, 3 Billah Street, Tokoroa). Antenno will notify you when something relevant to your chosen place(s) arises.
Antenno is available on both Apple and Android smartphones.
Antenno is FREE!
INSTALL ANTENNO NOW!
- Download Antenno from the App Store or Google Play
- Follow the prompts and we'll let you know when something comes up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - Why do I have to save places as specific addresses, why can't I save a region?
The aim of Antenno is to provide relevant information for places you care about. It is unlikely that someone living in the very north of the district needs to receive posts about a rural road flooding in the very south of the district.
If it was broader, Antenno posts would start to resemble a social media feed that you need to sift through to find messages relevant to you.
If something comes up that affects the entire district, Ward or town, you'll still receive it.
Q - Can I opt out of a topic for a specific place?
Yes. An example is if you have saved your work address (where, for example, you don't want to receive recycling reminders) and your home address (where you do want to receive recycling reminders).
Q - Can I opt back in to a topic that I have opted out of?
Not at this stage, but very soon yes you will be able to.
Q - Can I respond?
The only response available at this stage is a thumbs up "thanks". Future enhancements will allow more detailed responses.
Q - Sometimes posts seem to be delayed - why?
The app requires either a wifi connection or mobile data to receive posts. If you are not in a wifi zone and don't have your mobile data on, you won't receive new posts until you are connected again.
Q - Can I initiate a message?
Not at this stage, but yes this will be possible in the latter part of this year. This is a handy feature for our community to report roaming dogs, potholes, etc. This feature will be available by mid 2018.
Q - Sometimes I don't receive a post for weeks - why?
Because there hasn't been an incident or message relevant to your saved places. Don't worry – Antenno will let you know when something comes up.
Q - How do you choose which posts go to which devices or places?
When Council has a message to send we assess which parts of the district would find the message relevant. For instance:
- A tree down, flooding or an accident on State Highway 1 that is affecting traffic flow, would be sent to the whole district because SHs are critical connectivity.
- Flooding on Key Road (Tokoroa, south, rural) would be sent either to the Tokoroa Ward only or even a smaller area (ie, Mossop Road, Key Road, adjoining roads).
- A public meeting in Tirau regarding the Tirau Domain would be sent to the Tirau Ward only.
- A rates reminder would be sent district wide, as would a reminder about dog registrations.
- A recycling reminder for people living in Arapuni would be sent to the Arapuni area, and similarly a recycling reminder for a part of Tokoroa would be sent to that specific area.
Q - If I have multiple places saved, how do I know which place a post relates to?
Each post shows which of your saved places it relates to, by displaying the places' nicknames at the top left.
For example, if you have saved three places (your home, your work and your rental property for instance) you will see that for a Rates Reminder (a district wide message) all three nicknames appear at the top as this post is relevant to all three places.
As another example; if your rental property is in Putaruru and you receive a recycling message for that place, it is because recycling is due for your rental property, not your home!
Help and Support
For questions about notifications please contact Council's Communications Manager.
For assistance and support regarding the mobile app, please contact the Antenno team on email@example.com.